Saturday, October 21, 2006

Withdrawal Symptoms

Dear me. I've let this slip already. So, a quick round up of my poker week:

It's been a bad week on Sporting Odds...

Sunday - 49/54 in Champions League
Tuesday - 44/47 in Champions League
Wednesday - 40/53 in the Punter's Lounge $1 League
Thursday - 26/44 in Champions League.

But not too bad everywhere else, despite, with one exception, not getting 'in the money'...

Sunday - 18/382 in Virgin V-points freeroll (top 10 win V points)
Sunday - 95/271 in Mansion PokerGod
Wednesday - 164/2601 in Dream $7000 freeroll (130 places paid)
Thursday - 19/322 in Dream Dirty Dozen qualifier (50 places qualify) :-)

Now, I like Sporting Odds. It's where I play the most, it's where I've won the most, and it's from where I recently withdrew some profit. And there we have it - poker lore says you will hit a losing streak when you make a withdrawal from a site. Clever poker bods and those who are not superstitious (actually, I'm not superstitious so I suppose that includes me) have another word for it - "variance".

So I will hope my downcurve is short-lived and look forward to the ride back up.

However bad my week it's not as bad as the one for the poker sites who are having to reorganise following the new gambling/finance legislation in the USA. I hope their downcurve is short-lived too.

I'll try to call back sooner next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home