Thursday, November 30, 2006

Newmarket Calling Again

Had a busy few weeks leading up to my holidays. It's the best selling period as far as Avon is concerned and I generally hope to at least double my normal sales in the 2 or 3 brochures before Christmas. I do a few parties too where I show a good selection of products so this boosts my normal 'doorstep' customers.

So right in the middle of this busiest time of the year for me, we go on holiday! Timing can't be helped though as we come down to Newmarket for the Tattersalls 'December' sales (held entirely during November this year!) so it's a fixed time. There is a week of yearlings and foal sales followed by a week of mares and fillies (or thereabouts). We just come to be amongst it all and not for buying or selling, although we have done so over pervious years. We've rented the same cottage in Hartest, near Bury St Edmonds, for the last few years and we travel in to Newmarket each day. It's like home from home (only tidier).

And I do some shopping too. In fact I usually hope to have got Christmas presents sorted by the time we go home.

Well it's the last day of the sales today and tomorrow we go home, to about 50 boxes of my big Chrismas Avon order which was delivered whilst we have been away.

The weather here has been much warmer than normal. I'm wearing at least 2 fewer layers of clothing than I've needed in previous years. No thick woolly tights under my trousers. No extra t-shirt. No scarf wrapped round my head. I expect it will be freezing again next week when I'm out doing my deliveries.

Have enjoyed a break from poker too but looking forward to getting back to playing a few games. And catching up with everything on Punters Lounge which I've only been able to dip my toe in when we could get a wireless connection.

So goodnight from Newmarket and I'll call you when I get home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home